Followers

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Crafting When We Can Challenge #39

Happy Sunday everyone! I have been busy trying to get some cards done. It really takes me forever!! LOL  Anyway... Today is the start of Challenge #39 over at Crafting When We Can. This challenge has a theme of Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Here is my card... then I will explain my thought process... sometimes its a bit odd LOL!

So, my son use to watch Avatar - The Last Air-bender cartoons. It was really a good show. When the theme was the elements it was the first thing I thought of. Sometimes I just take things too literally LOL So I went looking for the symbols from The Avatar show and they had the different nations... Fire, Water, Earth and Air. I printed out those symbols in black and white and then the air symbol I kept color and made it prominent in the front. That was my thought process for this challenge. I used the wonderful image from Dilly Beans - Penelope & Birdcage. I love Dilly Beans images! I thought Air fit with the birds and the fairy. So there you have it... LOL I colored the image with Copic, I used all cardstock with this card. I embossed clouds on the white. The "A Friend is..." on the front is handwritten and then the quote on the inside of the card is printed. I popped the birdcage, the bird she is holding and the air symbol. I hope you enjoy and I can't WAIT! to see your thought process is with this awesome challenge!

Copic List:
Dress: BG10, BG13, BG15, BG18 and RV63, RV66, RV69
Shoes: C5, C7, C9
Hair: E23, E50, E51, E53
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, E08
Birds and Heart: R24, R27, R29

Challenges:

22 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous little creation, loving the crisp colour combo.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Kelly said...

Very nice design and theme! Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs Kelly

Crafting Vicky said...

Fabulous card. I really love the use of the symbols from Avatar!

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card I love your colouring and your card design. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Addii said...

Pretty card! Beautiful color combo!
Thanks for playing along with us Card mania challenges!

Sue said...

A gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

Karen Letchworth said...

Such sweet images - the little girl and bird in its cage are just darling and you've put it together SO sweetly. LOVE this, and I'm so grateful to have you share it in our challenge this week. I hope to see more of your art and look forward to having you join us again real soon.
Blessings,
karen
Word Art Wednesday

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge of “Anything Goes” this week. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

Karon said...

A wonderful wonderful creation Susan. I love how you used the symbols, I actually watched the Avatar Film The Last Airbender the other night with my girls:-) TFS and have a fabulous week.

cheiron said...

Great coloring and shading on this little lady! Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Ann said...

Adorable card and I love her stripped tights. She's got style. Thanks for joining us at WAW.

DIANA L. said...

This is so cute I love your crisp colors -- and the sentiment is perfect with the image
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #104 Birds, anything to do with birds challenge
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like how you colored the image & arrangement/layout of the card. Thank you for entering MFP Simple Salutations Anything Goes challenge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
MFP SS Hostess

Robin said...

What a cute, sweet card! Hugs, Robin

Sassy Raggedy said...

Adorable card Susan. I wanted to thank you for your kind words with the passing of my husband. I am slowly getting back into things but I still have hard days. joann sassy raggedy

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous hun, love the layers & the image is fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xxx

happyglitzygirl said...

A fairy cute image, and great colouring, thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

Jennifer said...

So very sweet! Love the littler birdie she's holding and your colouring is wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Delightful Inspiration {from the heart}!

Unknown said...

What a great card, thanks for joining us over at SDD, good luck and hugs.
Jo (dt member)
xxxxx

Anke said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Good luck
hugs Anke

Jenny said...

Love this colour combo and that cute as image :) Thanks so much for joining in with our 'Embossing' challenge at Sweet Stampin'.

Natali said...

Gorgeous colour combination. Lovely card with beautiful colouring of cute image.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Embossing” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

Happy Woman`s Day!!!! ))